We know that it can get a little rough in the music industry.Â
It may be a bit hard to find some guidance out there.Â
For those who are newer to the industry, you’re just in the right place.Â
Guidance and support is crucial in the developing stages for indie artists. Advice is needed and past experiences can open up one’s eyes to the reality of the music industry. You may have heard of all these stereotypes and myths but may be wondering if these are true.Â
Separate what is fact and what is fiction by continuing below.
Despite mountains of easy-to-find evidence to the contrary, musicians still have some serious delusions about the music industry and how to “make it.” To quote the amazing Dicky Barrett of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones â€“ because what he says is #truth â€“ “If it was an overnight success, it was one long, hard, sleepless night.”
- Has Box-Office EDM Flop â€˜We Are Your Friendsâ€™ Killed the Dance Movie?
- Splendour in the Muddy Music Festival
- Brazilian DJ Requests Madonna to Approve Remix via Newspaper Ad
If that still hasn’t penetrated your skull, well, here are three more specific delusions musicians still have about the biz, and each one revolves around the idea that overnight successes are a serious myth.
- Talent is enough to bring you success
- Ambition is enough to bring you success
- Associations are the magic bullet